Wilmot ACES Fall Invitational
November 17-19, 2017
Club Warriors’ annual trek to the friendly confines of the Wilmot Memorial Pool was well worth the travel. Over 85 Warriors from 6 different groups attended the 2.5-day competition. The 12 and Under swimmers swam two half day sessions, tearing up the pool and establishing a ton of new Best Times.
Several new Club Records were established by the young swimmers and not to be out done, the 13 and Over group, who swam in a total of 5 sessions, Heats and Finals made their assault on the Record Board.
CW won a total of 209 medals, 67 gold, 77 silver and 65 bronze. Our CW swimmers definitely brought their A game to the Aces meet! There were so many medals won by our club that it is impossible to list them all but everyone did a great job and worked very hard. You represented CW proudly!
Some call outs by the coaches:
Allison - Age Group 2
PBs and excellent first time races for
Abigail, Gabriel, Keaton, Claire, Trestan, Ethan, Connor, Elle and Isabella
- Regional qualifiers from the group:
Jasmine, Noe, Mila, Quinlynn, Elizabeth, Nantli, Alex, Jacob, Dylan, Reid, David, Cameron, Spencer, Merlyn, Michael, and Quinn.
- Our first provincial festival qualifier, Merlyn in the 200 back.
Alana - Advanced 13+
PB’s for Rayane Alarbed, Raine Lusted and Lauren White!
Ken - Age Group 3
- 86% best times overall (109/127)
- 100% Swimmers included: Diana, Ellie, Luc, Jack, Sara, Sydney and Serena
- 80% Swimmers included: Cristian, Jessica, James, Mackenna, Megan, Grace, Lucy
- New Club Record for 10&U Girls 200Br (3:16.45): Diana Hothaza
Ken - Age Group 4
- 76% best times overall (68/89)
- 80%+ Swimmers included: Adelaide (100%), Filip, Claire, Athan, Hannah; along with the 12&U girls competing only in the 800Free (Kaitlin, Ariel, Haley, Tara)
- Filip Ardelean qualifies for his first Festivals competition in two events (200Fly, 400Fr)
- Athan Turner qualifies for the Pointe Claire Travel Meet with two standards (200Bk, 200Br)
- Quantum leap relay splits by Ethan McDougall (100Br/1:25.9 - 4 seconds under his PB); Natalie Rondilla (100Fr/1:03.43 - 3 seconds under her PB)
Some people say that the best form of Training is Racing.
If you believe that, then our CW swimmers not only came away with a ton of Ribbons and Medals but also got valuable training from competing, on average, in 12 Races during the meet. Some nights in Finals, swimmers would be racing in 4 different events in less than 2 hours.
The Club Warriors’ have a busy month of December with 4 meets to attend:
Don’t forget to add our Awards Banquet on December 12th to round out our busy month.
- Our Novice Swimmers will be swimming in our first ever hosted meet at UW, on December 3.
- On the same weekend our top 12 and Unders will be at the NYAC Youth Cup in Etobicoke.
- The weekend of December 8th the Warriors also have two meets one is Steeltown in Hamilton,
- and the other is in Quebec at the Pointe-Claire Winter Invitational.
* * *
For full meet results visit swimming.ca.